Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Upward Basketball

 

 
 
We were excited to sign Carson up for Upward Basketball this year. It is a great basketball program that really strives to teach the kids the basics of the sport. I don't think that Carson has yet grasped the concepts of the game but he loves running (or  skipping) up and down the court. He has practice on Mondays and games on Saturday mornings. It is so adorable to watch the kids (4 and 5 year olds) play on Saturday mornings. Carson likes to run off the court and give me a big hug during the game and then get back on the court to resume "playing." Last weekend his basketball career almost ended before it even began when he got bunked in the nose with the basketball and began crying. I took him to the bathroom to clean him up when he loudly declared inbetween sobs "I am never signing up for basketball again...I quit." I felt bad for the little guy but told him quitting was not an option...you have to finish the things that you start. He asked me to wipe his tears away and then headed back to the bench to cheer on his teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment