Monday, September 16, 2013

First Day of Pre-K

Carson is officially "in-school."  His attends First Baptist Smyrna Weekday Education program and his first day was August 26th. He was pretty excited about starting school. He didn't shed a single tear...shoot, he didn't even look back when I dropped him off in his classroom. I waited until I got back out to the parking lot before I started to cry. We found out that there is another "Carson" in his class, so we told his teachers that they could call our Carson "CJ" (since that is the nickname we call him anyways). After his first day of school, he told me the thing that he was most excited about was the transformer in his classroom (transformers are his current go-to toy). He also says he tries really hard everyday not to get any "checks" by his name because if he gets no checks all week then he gets to choose something from the class treasure box on Friday. While I appreciate his efforts, I remind him he should obey his teachers because God tells us to obey those that are in charge of us (like parents and teachers). He politely nods in agreement, but lets face it...treasure boxes are pretty good motivators.




1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe the kiddos are getting so big! It is going to break my heart when they start kindergarten next year!

    ReplyDelete